Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Emotional Morning

Anna has been out of daycare for almost a week and had to return this morning. How do you explain to a two year old about finances and why mommy has to go to work? She has been to my office many times and I think understands that is where mommy goes everyday. She doesn't understand what mommy does there and why I go. I tried to explain it's because they give me money so we can buy things. All she did was continue to cry and ask why we couldn't stay at home together. We finally got in the car and sang songs all the way to school, but the tears started again as soon as she saw the building. After much negotiation, I got her to start eating breakfast and we said our goodbyes. I then went to the car and started to cry. I just wanted to take her back home and curl up and love on her all day. She told me the other day that I was her little baby and she loved me. Sometimes I think I need her more than she needs me. I love that little girl so much and wish I could be with her more.

1 comment:

  1. It is so tough to be a mom sometimes - bless your heart- I hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete