Friday, October 29, 2010

Life is such a gift...

Life is such a gift that we take for granted. We are rushing around everyday making trips to the grocery store and sitting in traffic and hardly even think about what our purpose is and how quickly it can be taken away. I lost a dear friend this week to a act of service. Yes, you read that right. He was trying to do a good deed and was killed in the process. I am a woman of faith, but am struggling with this one. I know my friend is in heaven (to be honest, I would not be surprised if he is running around buck naked up there) but I still want to question why then and why him? He was a true provider for his family and they need him. Why has their support been taken away? I know I will never know the answers to my questions in this life, but have faith it will one day all be reviled. In the mean time, I will hug my daughter for a extra second or so and cherish the moments that I get to spend with my husband. When someone (a believer) is taken from us on earth, it's not goodbye just see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment